Jan 10, 2011

appreciating...


After reading Susan's post I felt like my weekend was about appreciating a few extra moments of laying around. In fact my biggest accomplishment was getting out to buy new pillows to sleep in on Sunday (my neck has been out for a week because of sleeping on way too old pillows). But then today I looked at the "nest " I'd made for myself and thought the blanket and pillow were made my my grandmothers and are really quite artistic...and the books I've been browsing- well 2 are art books and there is an art to cooking and gardening and the kids book has got great illustrations...so thanks Susan for giving me a different perspective on my otherwise low key weekend :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

barbara said...

sometimes it's nice to be lazy and just lay around!
(and you're always so busy, so you have earned yourself some "nest time"!) ;)

I love the pillow with the flower stitching!

pea said...

Kristen, Pillow is so so so beautiful!Oh..i wish some as is your..

Magdalena Sander said...

YEA! The girls are right! Wonderful pillow!

Susan said...

Appreciating books definitely counts as appreciating other people's art! Sounds like you had a nice, cozy weekend. I feel stuck home with the snow this weekend, and I have surrounded myself with books too! And thanks for the pillow picture. It's lovely.